[Solved] QtTools, QTDesigner and QTCreator

• Does QTCreator include the former two components in one package?
    Thanks
    Jack

• Moderators

[quote author="lucky7456969" date="1397445721"]Does QTCreator include the former two components in one package?
    Thanks
    Jack[/quote]Hi,

Qt Creator is an IDE, and it contains Qt Designer.

There is no component called "Qt Tools", however. When you download Qt, you get Qt Creator + Qt Designer, and a collection of other tools that make development easier (e.g. Qt Assistant, windeployqt). Which tools are you interested in?

• Hello,
    I am interested in QtDesigner, but I'd like to use that in codeblocks.
    Can the following task be done like this:

1. Open a C++ project
    2. Create a qrc file using QtDesigner in codeblocks
    3. Click on that file and go to QtDesigner and start drawing
    4. Compile the project as usual.
      Thanks
      Jack

• Hi,
    Designer is just a standalone program, so yes, if you setup your CodeBlocks properly, you can do so. However, your second point, using a qrc file is a bit wrong. A qrc file is a QtResource file, not a QtDesigner file. Designer files have the extension of .ui
    The designer form (ui file) needs to be converted to a class with header file and a linked ui_<<class name>>.h file. In this header file your designer file is made into a class definition.
    You need to call parts of the MOC/qmake compiler to do so. Sorry, forgotten who does the designer -> C++ conversion.

• Thanks, Jeronetje for your valuable info.
    I'll find out the rest.
    Jack

• Oke,
    Good luck and enjoy coding!
    Please place [SOLVED] in front of your first post!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.