Freezed window

• Hi all,
    is my first time in a form so, if I made mistakes, sorry...
    I wrote a simply program that get images from udp channel and show them in my MainWindow, also I show some counter.
    The program work fine and fast but MainWindows is not sizable, is not movable, clicking button nothing happens.

Now I try to explain my problem:
    there are 2 classes, one for mainwindows and one for udp channel; these classes are connected by two signals and two slots

@int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QApplication a(argc, argv);
    Camera *camera = new Camera();
    camera->show();

udpCameraManager *cameraManager = new udpCameraManager();

QObject::connect(cameraManager,SIGNAL(ImageReadySignal(QByteArray*)),camera,SLOT(DoDrawImage(QByteArray*)));

QObject::connect(camera,SIGNAL(Ready(void)),cameraManager,SLOT(GetImage(void)));

camera->cameraManager = cameraManager;
    return a.exec();

}
    @

Clicking a button the first GetImage happen and the download starts. GetImage is:

@ void GetImage()
    {
    QByteArray Data;
    Data.append("Hello from UDP");

// Sends the datagram datagram
      // to the host address and at port.
      // qint64 QUdpSocket::writeDatagram(const QByteArray & datagram,
      //                      const QHostAddress & host, quint16 port)
      QHostAddress RemoteHost;
      RemoteHost.setAddress("10.2.128.2");

connect(socket, SIGNAL(readyRead()), this, SLOT(slotReadData()));

socket->writeDatagram(Data, RemoteHost, 11000);

}
    @

then slotReadData emit ImageReadySignal that is connected to DoDrawImage; DoDrawImage create image, call QWidget::repaint() and emit Ready signal; Ready signal is connected to GetImage.
    My paintEvent is:

@void Camera::paintEvent(QPaintEvent *event)
    {
    if(!DoIt)
    return;
    QPainter painter(this);

if (!image.isNull())
    {
        painter.drawImage(10,10,image);
        ImgCounter++;
        double difference = (time.elapsed() / 1000);

QRect rect = QRect(670, 140, 180, 20);
        painter.drawText(rect,Qt::AlignLeft,"difference: " + QString::number(difference,'f',2));

rect = QRect(670, 170, 180, 20);
        if(difference > 0)
        {
            double fps = (double)ImgCounter/(double)difference;
            painter.drawText(rect,Qt::AlignLeft,"fps: " + QString::number(fps,'f',2));
        }
        rect = QRect(670, 200, 180, 20);
        painter.drawText(rect,Qt::AlignLeft,"Images: " + QString::number(ImgCounter));
    }

}
    @

• For me that sounds like an infinite loop of your signal and slot connections. Is that possible?

• Yes it is, I need to download and show continuosly, but I dont know how to solve the freeze, I'm new on Qt programming.
    Thanks

• Your slots should do as little work as possible because staying in a slot blocks the event queue. You can use QThread for example to download the image. When it is finished call a slot to display it. If it fits your needs you can also use QTimer to update you UI every x milliseconds.
    There are a few possibilities to periodically update your UI but a major rule is to never block the event queue.

• OK,
    I'll try it and I'll answer as soon as possible.
    Thanks alot for your suggestions.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.