[Resolved]How to generate .qm files automatically from .ts files?

• I use Visual Studio 2008 to create an application using Qt. I've generate .ts files for internationalization. I want when compiling the application, generate the .qm files from .ts one. Currently I manage to generate but not when compiling my app. It is by right click on the project and selecting "lrelease all .ts in project". What I don't want. I want to automatically generate* .qm* files during compilation.

How can I do it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• Moderators

You can add this line to your .pro file:
    @
    QMAKE_POST_LINK = lrelease myProjectName.pro
    @

This requires $QTDIR/bin to be in $PATH.

• Thank you 'sierdzio" for your answer. But I don't have a .pro file. It is a .vproj file.

• Moderators

Bad luck ;)

Use some Visual Studio magic, then, to add a line that will execute lrelease for you, before or after the compilation.

• In the Qt Project Settings for your project you will find an option called lupdateOnBuild - that may do what you need but I have not tried it

• Use Custom Build Step or Post-Build Event.

• Thank you everybody. I have resolved the problem. This is what I've done:

1. Right click on the project

2. Click on the Properties menu

3. At the tree on the left of the window that appears, expand the node "Configuration Properties"

4. Expand the node "Build Event"

5. Then click on the node "Pre -Build Event"

6. At the box that appears right, after the click on " Pre -Build Event " menu, click the "Command Line " line. Then click the small button with three dots to the right to edit the area where we must enter the commands.

7. At this area which is displayed after clicking on the small button , enter the following commands:
      @$ lrelease ( InputDir ) \ myapplicationName_fr_FR.ts - qm $ ( OutDir ) \ myapplicationName_fr_FR.qm
      $ lrelease ( InputDir ) \ myapplicationName_en.ts - qm $ ( OutDir ) \ myapplicationName_en.qm@

8. Click the "OK" button to save . You can now compile your application and .qm files will be generated

• An other solution:

Right-click> Properties on of the .ts files

choose for the field Configuration: "All Configuration" value

Then click on the node Custom Build Step and enter the following commands for the fieldsat the right:

@Command Line : "$(QTDIR)\bin\lrelease.exe" "$(InputPath)" -qm "$(OutDir)$(InputName).qm"

Description: LReleasing $(InputFileName)...

Outputs : "$(OutDir)$(InputName).qm"

Additional dependencies : "$(QTDIR)\bin\lrelease.exe"@

Repeat the steps 1,2 and 3 for all the .ts files

• thank you!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.