[SOLVED] Wrong header file included in project

• Hello,

I'm having a problem with my project file in QtCreator and haven't been able to figure it out.

I have a directory with a project, that uses a hardware device and its libraries; as I don't have always the hardware available, I've make a project with some dummy object in a different directory to test my code. I have used this solution before without a problem, but for some reason is not working in this case.

My directories look like this:
    @DiagnosticBox <--- This directory is used when the hardware is present
    -labjack.h and labjack.cpp

• adminpanel.h and adminpanel.cpp
    • connectiondialog.h and connectiondialog.cpp
    • labjackUD.h <---- This is the library header of the hardware

testDiagnosticBox
    -labjack.h and labjack.cpp <---- This class is a dummy class, with no hardware dependencies@

My .pro file is:

@
    QT += core gui network

TARGET = testDiagnosticBox
    INCLUDEPATH += ./DiagnosticBox/

TEMPLATE = app

SOURCES += main.cpp
    mainwindow.cpp
    ../DiagnosticBox/adminpanel.cpp
    ../DiagnosticBox/connectiondialog.cpp
    labjack.cpp \

HEADERS += mainwindow.h
    ../DiagnosticBox/adminpanel.h
    ../DiagnosticBox/connectiondialog.h
    labjack.h \

FORMS += mainwindow.ui
    labjack.ui
    ../DiagnosticBox/adminpanel.ui
    ../DiagnosticBox/connectiondialog.ui
    @

The problem is that, when I try to compile the project testDiagnosticBox I receive the error

@...\DiagnosticBox\labjack.h:5: error: LabJackUD.h: No such file or directory@

Meaning that even though is not listed in my SOURCES or HEADERS, qmake is using the file in DiagnosticBox and not the one in testDiagnosticBox, is that the expected behavior ? How can I avoid that ? Should it not be taking the file in testEncoderBox ?

• The labjack.h file is included in some other files of your project.
    I guess it is included without directory name like @#include "labjack.h"@

And if that file with "#include "labjack.h" is located in DiagnosticBox then compiler takes labjack.h from the same directory.
    The variables SOURCES and HEADERS are for qmake only a compiler reads included files according its own options and that options are defined by INCLUDEPATH.
    To avoid it you need to specify different INCLUDEPATH for your test library.

• Thanks a lot andreyc, I was assuming that HEADERS and SOURCES where somehow also used by the compiler.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.