How to include a interface of a .dll file

• Hi,
    I am new to this forum,I am able to include a dll library in my program but i dont know how to create a object of a interface present in the dll file.
    I would like to call a interface called ICamera2Ptr which is present in Apogee.dll.

Can anyone help to do it?
    If code is needed we will post it.

• You will need the header files of the library, usually located in a directory named "include". Add the directory to the include path of your project like this:

@
    INCLUDEPATH += /path/to/your/lib/include
    @

• If you want to load the dll dynamiclly you should have a look at QLibrary.

• hi,
    thanks for the reply we r appending our code so far
    @#include <QtCore/QCoreApplication>
    #include<stdio.h>
    #include<QLibrary.h>
    int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
    QCoreApplication a(argc, argv);
    QLibrary asd("C:/subh/Apogee");
    typedef void (*ICamera2Ptr)();

ICamera2Ptr d;
    bool ab,c;
    ab=asd.load();
    if(asd.isLoaded()==true)

{
        printf("Loaded properly");
        c=d.ShowDialog(true);

}
    else
    {
        printf("not loaded");
    }
    return a.exec&#40;&#41;;

}
    @
    but we are able to include the dll in our program but when we try to implement any of the member functions in it v are getting an error..
    request to member-function"ShowDialog" in 'd',which is a non-class type 'void(*)()'

• "QLibrary docs":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qlibrary.html has the answer:

The symbol must be exported as a C function from the library...

The most important functions are load() to dynamically load the library file, isLoaded() to check whether loading was successful, and resolve() to resolve a symbol in the library

Your symbol seems to be a C++ one, and you did not call resolve() (which would fail, as it searches for C symbols).

From what I see it seems to be a problem that is not solved by using QLibrary but by linking to the DLL/lib at compile time (and using the correct header files).

• [quote author="Volker" date="1298044820"]"QLibrary docs":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qlibrary.html has the answer:

The symbol must be exported as a C function from the library...

The most important functions are load() to dynamically load the library file, isLoaded() to check whether loading was successful, and resolve() to resolve a symbol in the library

Your symbol seems to be a C++ one, and you did not call resolve() (which would fail, as it searches for C symbols).

From what I see it seems to be a problem that is not solved by using QLibrary but by linking to the DLL/lib at compile time (and using the correct header files).
    [/quote]

I am Sorry but can u explain how to export it as C symbol and how to solve this error..Please help me.

• RTFM. The link is in my first comment.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.