Downloadable Qt5.x Documentation anyone?

• I'm going away for a while where the internet connection is very poor and sometimes not working at all.
    I've purchased the latest book I could find about Qt, the book called "An Introduction to Design Patterns in C++ with Qt", but that book is already starting to get a bit dated, and I can't use half of the examples without depending on the documentation.

I've also discovered this:
    "Qt5 Cadaques":http://qmlbook.org/index.html

But it is only partially (though very nicely) done and its QML parts are there, but the parts on C++ is not done as of yet.

So what I would really like is a downloadable version of all Qt API's and all reference material in an updated version.

Any idea where I could find something like this (besides downloading the sources and learn from them)?

Chris

• If your using Qt + Qt Creator from the "qt-project/downloads":http://qt-project.org/downloads page you already have an off-line version.

If you don't use Qt Creator, try Qt Assistant (exe: assistant), it's located in the sample folder as qmake.

• Moderators

And if you compile Qt yourself, you need to run
    @
    make docs
    @

To build all the .qch files (you can then add them to Qt Assistant or Qt Creator).

• @Seamus Boyle:
    Ah... I haven't gotten around to using Qt Creator yet, but what you're saying is that it contains all the relevant documentation for developing with Qt 5.x?

@slerdzlo:
    That would be a second option if the first alternative proves false!
    Compiling the whole Qt5 enchilada probably takes some time!

• Moderators

Qt Creator does not contain Qt documentation by itself. But you can add it manually (and installers do it automatically for you) in settings.

Compiling Qt 5 can take a long time, yes, but that depends on what you need. If you skip some modules (QtWebkit, QtQuick1), tests and examples, it will compile in about 15-20 minutes on a quad-core HT CPU. Depends also on the OS and compiler you are using (will definitely take longer on Windows).

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.