(SOLVED) QStackedWidgets and navigations when there are multiple levels of objects.
I'm creating a Gui, using QStackedWidgets to manage the widgets.
There are 3 levels:
- QWidgets representing overviews: Clients, Products and Invoices
- QWidgets representing specific identity: Client, Product and Invoice (created by the resp. overview)
But... there's something I want to do.
I have a toolbar with 3 fixed actions: "Clients", "Products" and "Invoices". Connected to the overview-widgets.
then there's a separator.
Now, i'd like to add actions to the toolbar when a specific identity has been created. So the user can navigate between the widgets.
And as an extra, each specific identity representing a specific id, can only be opened once.
How to start with this?
- Can i pass a pointer to the toolbar?
- Can i keep creating actions?
- How do I delete it when the specific identity is closed?
- Is this 'Clean code', or can you suggest better techniques?
Something tells me this is not a clean way to set up a GUI.
An MDI however also sets me up with passing a pointer, and when one is maximized there's also no clear overview of what is opened.
I've decided to work with QTabWidgets. This question can be ignored