How to implement your own type of ListModel?

• Hello everyone,

What I've been trying to do is creating my own personal ListModel.
    A normal List Model looks like this:

@ListModel{
    id: myModel
    ListElement{ name:"Joe"; title: "President"}
    }@

But I would like to add more functionality to that model and I thought of using a C++ class binding with the QML.

Right now I have my own type of model, something like this:

@
    MyModel
    {
    id: myModel
    nodes : [
    Node{name:"root"},
    Node{name:"child"}]
    }
    @

But I would like to skip the "nodes" property so the syntax could be the same as in the ListModel, let's say something like this:
    @
    MyModel
    {
    Node{name:"root"}
    Node{name:"child"}
    }
    @

Right now I am using the class QQmlListProperty, but I don't know if this class could help me do what I want. I feel like I am getting closer but hopefully someone could share some knowledge.

Thanks in advance!

• Wouldn't it be enough to create a model in Cpp and pass it to QML? If it would be enough i could help you with the Cpp model but i haven't worked with creating an own QML model from QML so i might not help you with that.

• I know how to create a model in C++ and pass it to QML and actually I am using C++ bindings with QML.
    I would like to do the mentioned in my post to be close to the syntax of a usual ListModel in QML, so people could follow those rules with my own Model.

The only thing different from what I want, and I would like to remove, is that "nodes" property in MyModel.

Thanks for your response!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.