[Solved] Qt 4.8, MSVC2010, nmake, don't know how to make 'sub-src'

• Hello,

I try to compile Qt 4.8.5 on a Windows 7 machine, with VS 2010 SP1, Windows SDK 7.1. I need to build in x64 mode.

Is this wiki page still accurate? http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_Desktop_for_Windows_with_MSVC

I did:

got the Qt sources and installes OpenSSL binaries

set up QTDIR, OPENSSL, PATH, QMAKESPEC (win32-msvc2010)

added -MP2 option as stated on wiki page

tried both configure listed below

nmake sub-src fails with "don't know how to make 'sub-src'"

What am I missing? Additionnally, am I sure it will perform a x64 build?
    I guess I don't need phonon.
    Thank you for any information.

configure version 1:
    @configure -release -opensource -shared -ltcg -no-fast -exceptions -accessibility -stl -qt-sql-sqlite -no-qt3support -no-openvg -platform win32-msvc2010 -graphicssystem raster -qt-zlib -qt-gif -qt-libpng -qt-libmng -qt-libtiff -qt-libjpeg -no-dsp -no-vcproj -incredibuild-xge -plugin-manifests -qmake -process -rtti -mmx -3dnow -sse -sse2 -openssl -no-dbus -phonon -phonon-backend -multimedia -audio-backend -webkit -script -scripttools -declarative -arch windows -qt-style-windows -qt-style-windowsxp -qt-style-windowsvista -no-style-plastique -no-style-cleanlooks -no-style-motif -no-style-cde -no-style-windowsce -no-style-windowsmobile -no-style-s60 -native-gestures

configure version 2:
    @configure -mp -opensource -nomake demos -nomake examples -platform win32-msvc2010

• Moderators

Just run nmake, no need for sub-src. If you really want to skip building tools, you can also run this:
    bin\qmake projects.pro QT_BUILD_PARTS="libs"

• Moderators

That wiki page looks overly complicated, to be honest. Building Qt is really much easier than that ;)

• Thanks, nmake alone works better. I intended to build libs then tools anyways.
    I agree, could anyone edit the wiki page? :-)

But I'm missing something in my PATH or some other setting for headers to be found...
    @c:\qt\qt4.8.5\src\corelib\codecs\qisciicodec_p.h(56) : fatal error C1083: Cannot
    open include file: 'QtCore/qtextcodec.h': No such file or directory@

I had a look at Qt5 corresponding page:

I'm currently searching in the forum about this include problem.

• Moderators

Doh, even there they put unneeded calls :( You don't need to set any environment variables to be able to build Qt: configure does all this automatically. But it does look much better :)

I think the best description of the build process is the page for "building from git":http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_5_from_Git. But none of that is necessary for you, as you are compiling Qt 4.

A standard unpack/configure/nmake should do everything without hiccups. I have never seen the error you've got, so sadly I can't help here.

• Solved. The wiki page really has unaccurate instructions now.
    And I had not clean sources. So I unpacked sources again, ran only
    @configure -mp -opensource -nomake demos -nomake examples -platform win32-msvc2010@ then

and just have to wait for compilation end :-) I see some warning about data types conversions but it seems it runs smootly.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.