QStyledItemDelegate: getting QModelIndex::data value by Qt::UserRole in paint() method [Invalid]

• Hi all,

I have a subclassed QStyledItemDelegate class where I do some extra painting jobs. I'm setting the delegate on a QTreeWidget, to which I am of course adding QTreeWidgetItems to. I had no problems getting the text of the item by index.data(Qt::DisplayRole). However, wanting to be a bit more fancy, I'm adding more data to each QTreeWidgetItem with QTreeWidgetItem::setData(column, Qt::UserRole, someValue).

How do I get those values in my QStyledItemDelegate:: paint method? I tried with QModelIndex(Qt::UserRole).toInt() (after checking if I'm at the right rolumn), but I'm not getting the values I'm expecting. I am probably doing something wrong here, but what?

• What getting a handle to the item itself, something like this:

MyItem::paint(QPainter *painter,
    const QStyleOptionViewItem &option,
    const QModelIndex &index) const
    {
    QStandardItemModel *model = (QStandardItemModel *) index.model();
    QStandardItem *item = model->itemFromIndex(index);
    QVariant v = item->data( Qt::DecorationRole ); // or UserRole in your case
    }

Hope this is of some value to you

• No, just an int value set via QTreeWidgetItem::setData.

Sorry, seems like it was my own mistake. I was manipulating data other were, and that tricked me into believing my method of fetching data was wrong.

Ignore me, please.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.