Wasapi plugin as a new qt multimedia backend

• Hello everybody,

i want to develop an audio platform independent low latency application and I decided to use the qt low level audio apis to do this. It works fine for osx but not for windows. I think the big overall latency is strongly influenced by the standard windows mixer. I read that with the wasapi technology from Microsoft this issues can be minimized. So i think if there would be an new wasapi multimedia plugin based on the qt low level apis it would be great. Do everybody know if there is a solution or if there is an upcoming project to get this feature ?

looking forward
    Juice

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

You should rather ask this on the interest mailing list you'll find Qt's developers/maintainers there (this forum is more user oriented)

From my point of view, Qt supporting old Windows version up to XP, it's rather unlikely that a WASAPI backend will be implemented soon (AFAIK it's available starting Vista). Also, Qt is not a low latency audio framework, it happens to work on OS X because the OS is already built like that.

HOWEVER I don't say I can't/won't be done, if a backend using WASAPI is contributed, it might very well be integrated.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.