[SOLVED] QT 5.2.0: Q_DECLARE_METATYPE requires value_type and other sequential class attributes to be defined

• I have a code that compiles and runs fine under QT 5.1.1. After upgrading to QT 5.2.0, I got errors:

@
    c:\qt\qt5.2.0\5.2.0\msvc2012_64\include\qtcore\qmetatype.h(1372) : error C2039: 'value_type' : is not a member of 'MyTemplateClass<T>'
    with
    [
    T=float
    ]
    c:\qt\qt5.2.0\5.2.0\msvc2012_64\include\qtcore\qmetatype.h(1578) : see reference to class template instantiation 'QtPrivate::SequentialContainerConverterHelper<T>' being compiled
    with
    [
    T=MyTemplateClassFlt
    ]
    c:\qt\qt5.2.0\5.2.0\msvc2012_64\include\qtcore\qmetatype.h(1600) : see reference to function template instantiation 'int qRegisterNormalizedMetaType<T>(const QByteArray &,T *,QtPrivate::MetaTypeDefinedHelper<T,defined>::DefinedType)' being compiled
    with
    [
    T=MyTemplateClassFlt,
    defined=true
    ]
    d:\users\vlad\vsprojects\qt\cmpt\libcc\libcct\MyTemplateClass.h(736) : see reference to function template instantiation 'int qRegisterMetaType<MyTemplateClassFlt>(const char *,T *,QtPrivate::MetaTypeDefinedHelper<T,defined>::DefinedType)' being compiled
    with
    [
    T=MyTemplateClassFlt,
    defined=true
    ]
    c:\qt\qt5.2.0\5.2.0\msvc2012_64\include\qtcore\qmetatype.h(1372) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ',' before identifier 'value_type'
    c:\qt\qt5.2.0\5.2.0\msvc2012_64\include\qtcore\qmetatype.h(1372) : error C2065: 'value_type' : undeclared identifier
    c:\qt\qt5.2.0\5.2.0\msvc2012_64\include\qtcore\qmetatype.h(1382) : error C2955: 'QMetaTypeId2' : use of class template requires template argument list
    c:\qt\qt5.2.0\5.2.0\msvc2012_64\include\qtcore\qmetatype.h(1479) : see declaration of 'QMetaTypeId2'

@
    These errors are generated from the line:
    @
    typedef MyTemplateClass<float> MyTemplateClassFlt; Q_DECLARE_METATYPE(MyTemplateClassFlt)
    @

MyTemplateClass is a simple template class which is not based on a sequential container. Why 5.2.0's Q_DECLARE_METATYPE now requires "T::value_type" and other attributes of sequential classes?

Is this a bug on 5.2.0 or my code is implicitly broken with undetectable under 5.1.1 problems?

• To leave this thread with an answer, it appeared that I was using Q_DECLARE_METATYPE_TEMPLATE_1ARG macro, which came quite handy to me, but that macro is not documented in QT and they changed its behavior, starting from 5.2.0.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.