[Moved] Extending the Shape-Changing Dialog

• Hi,

I am a newbie to Qt and I'm trying to extend the Shape-Changing Dialog (Chapter 2, fig 2.11, Blanchette & Summerfield) example as suggested at the end of the section by calling setText() but have encountered some problems.

Following the example this is what I did in addition:

1. Called 'moreButton->setText(tr("Advanced"));' in the constructor. The button changes text from 'More' to 'Advanced' as expected.

2. Created the SLOT 'void Sort::on_moreButton_toggled(bool toggled)' thinking that if I test the bool within the method I can change the text accordingly.

However the SLOT never gets called! I have tried SLOTS 'void Sort::on_moreButton_toggled()' and 'void Sort::on_moreButton_clicked()' but neither are invoked!

I didn't specify the connect() call for these expecting them to be automatically setup. However, I added them to see if this was the problem but got the same results, i.e. the SLOTs are not invoked.

I even tried breaking the connection in QtDesigner between the moreButton and secondary & tertiary SLOTs setVisible(bool) and manually setting them, but to no avail.

I have looked at the example "Expandable dialog example":http://doc.trolltech.com/4.7/dialogs-extension.html but this is not what I want as I want Qt to automatically set this up.

Can someone suggest how to get this working and what I am doing wrong? Also, what is the term used to described the automatic creation and setup of signals to slots?

Thanks.

• "I even tried breaking the connection in QtDesigner between the moreButton and secondary & tertiary SLOTs setVisible(bool) and manually setting them, but to no avail."

Just to make it clear. I had done the following that works:

@
    connect(moreButton, SIGNAL(toggled(bool)), secondaryGroupBox, SLOT(setVisible(bool)));
    @

But the automatic connections still didn't work! I.e. 'on_moreButton_toggled(bool toggled)'.

[EDIT: code formatting, please use @-tags, Volker]

• Have you connected in the Qt Designer your new slot with the button clicked signal (as it is described for the in the same chapter in the book you mentioned)?

• Yes and they all work as the example describes.
    I simply want to extend the More button to be renamed to Advanced, and each time it is pressed have the 'on_moreButton_toggled(bool toggled)’ SLOT invoked.

I define it but do not connect it as this should be done automatically. It is never called! Even if I do manually connect it, it still isn't called!

Maybe you could try the example and see if you can get it to work :) I am not sure what I'm doing wrong.

• yeah i had the same problem but realized that i should have removed the
    private var ui for the program to run

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.