Disabling user resizing for QDockWidget in QMainWindow

• Hi,

I want to forbid users to change the size of a DockWidgetArea. One manner is to make its contents fixed-size, but then if I want to resize() the QMainWindow I cant set the new size for the QDockWidget. How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

I'm not sure this is what you mean but you can control the max/min size of your dock inside the resize event of the main window.

For example, if you want to keep the dock always 1/3 of the main window you can do something like this:
    @
    void MainWindow::resizeEvent(QResizeEvent * evt) {
    QMainWindow::resizeEvent(evt);
    ui->dockWidget->setMaximumWidth(evt->size().width() / 3);
    ui->dockWidget->setMinimumWidth(evt->size().width() / 3);
    }
    @

• But how can I do to forbid the applications users to resize a QDockWidgetArea? I dont want it (if possible) and I dont want the cursors type to be changed from the normal arrow to the Qt::SplitVCursor for example

• Moderators

There is no QDockWidgetArea. You can restrict size of the dock area content. If the content has fixed size (eg. by setting min and max to same value like I shown) the handle to resize won't appear. QMainWindow handles this for you.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.