QTWebEngine not building

• Hi,

I followed the instructions for cloning the Qt WebEngine source, under http://qt-project.org/wiki/QtWebEngineHowToTry, and tried to build the whole project. It built fine until about a month ago, but since then the tree has been continuously broken.

Even doing a fresh clone and make fails, and always with this error:
    ^
    ../../src/core/content_browser_client_qt.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void ShareGroupQtQuick::AboutToAddFirstContext()’:
    ../../src/core/content_browser_client_qt.cpp:261:36: error: ‘sharedOpenGLContext’ is not a member of ‘QSGContext’
    QOpenGLContext *shareContext = QSGContext::sharedOpenGLContext();
    ^
    ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
    make[3]: *** [invoke_ninja] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory /home/pds/work/qtwebengine/src/core' make[2]: *** [sub-gyp_run-pro-make_first] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory/home/pds/work/qtwebengine/src/core'
    make[1]: *** [sub-core-make_first] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pds/work/qtwebengine/src'
    make: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2

This error always occurs during the final linking, on the object 8982/8983 or the Ninja build.

Can someone help me resolve this, or else post a Last Known Good Release of the QT WebEngine source tree which builds, while I wait for this tree to stabilize ? I really need this since I'm working on an External project integrating with QTWebEngine and Chromium, and have had to go back to using the QTWebKit widgets as a fallback while waiting for QTWebEngine to be fixed.

I am building on Fedora 19, and have tried with both QT 5.1 and QT 5.2 Beta, neither of which works.

Thanks,

pfdsouza

• Ok, the issue was QT 5.2 Beta. Once I uninstalled that and went back to using Qt 5.1.1 it built.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.