Wrong behavior with State's extend property

• Hi everyone,

I was playing around with States in QML when I found out a strange behavior.
    Considering this case
    @State
    {
    name: "mainState"
    when: firstBool

}

State
    {
    name: "subStateOfMain"
    when: secondBool
    extend: "mainState"
    }@

In my sense we are in :
    mainState when and only when :
    @firstBool && !secondBool@

subStateOfMain when and only when :
    @firstBool && secondBool@

What really happens with Qt is that it does a OR instead of a AND for the extender State ( "subStateOfMain" here ). Does anyone else has the same issue or feel that what I described should be the actual behavior ?

• Hi,

It's not going like you described. Of course states are acting as OR.

From documentation :"When a state extends another state, it inherits all the changes of that state."

example can be find here: http://jingfenghanmax.blogspot.fi/2010/08/extend-property-of-qml-state.html

• Thanks for you answer but for me it doesn't make sense to, in my case, have one state with firstBool && !secondBool while the other has firstBool && secondBool . At least we should have the possibility to choose between OR/AND .

• I can't see states you described "have one state with firstBool && !secondBool while the other has firstBool && secondBool . "

you have one state when: firstBool and when: secondBool :)

• well then if you have firstBool && secondBool you don't know which state you are in. It would be the first that you have in your array.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.