Qt QWebView White Screen After Codesign For App Store

• Env: Qt 5.2 rc1 QML Mixed with C++ backend on 10.8 MBPro
    Issue: Qt QWebView White Screen After Codesign For App Store

For speed and deployment purposes, I used QWebView on the C++ side to display websites such as "http://www.google.com". The webpage is displayed properly during development and even after I used macdeployqt for deployment. However, as soon as I issued codesign on the individual Qt libraries and package, the QWebView shows white screen.

Various debugging steps I tried:

• QWebView window showed. Right click shows refresh context menu. But shows white screen.
    • None of the QWebView signals was emitted.
    • Turned on QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS. Shows all library and plugin loads correctly
    • Comment out codesign build steps, rebuild, and QWebView works fine.
    • Tried Qt 5.1.1 and 5.2.0 rc1. Same issue.

The codesign build steps in .pro is the following
    codesign.commands += codesign -f -s $${APPCERT} -i $${BUNDLEID} "$${TARGET}.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore"; codesign.commands += codesign -f -s $${APPCERT} -v --entitlements misc/MyEntitlements.plist "$${TARGET}.app";

Any help, pointers, or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• It seems so obvious now, yet I was stuck for hours. In the Entitlements.plist, I need to add com.apple.security.network.client for network access.

QWebView white screen because there is not internet connection.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.