QT-embedded-install problem

• Hello,

I have beagle bone black and while I was following the http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qt-embedded-install.html guide, at the steps involving

@./configure@

I'm receiving the following error:

@You don't seem to have 'make' or 'gmake' in your PATH.
    Cannot proceed.@

I'm not really familiar with the Linux, so is there anybody who can help me wit this problem.
    Thanks

• Moderators

Hi,

make is a compilation tool. You'll probably need to install make and g++ before proceeding.

You might find this guide helpful: http://derekmolloy.ie/beaglebone/qt-with-embedded-linux-on-the-beaglebone/

• Hi
    I have make and g++ on the system already . My main problem is that I cannot run QT written programs without QT-embedde installed on Beagle Bone Black, bu thanks for a reply.

Also does this mean that I have problems with the configure file as well?
    @ ./configure: line 178:
    BEGIN {
    values["LITERAL_WHITESPACE"] = " "
    values["LITERAL_DOLLAR"] = "$"
    }
    /^[_A-Z0-9.]+[ \t]*+?=/ {
    valStart = index($0, "=") + 1

append = 0
    if (substr($0, valStart - 2, 1) == "+") {
        append = 1
    }

variable = substr($0, 0, valStart - 2 - append)
    value = substr($0, valStart)
    gsub("[ \t]+", "", variable)
    gsub("^[ \t]+", "", value)
    gsub("[ \t]+$", "", value)

ovalue = ""
    while (match(value, /\$\$(\{[_A-Z0-9.]+\}|[_A-Z0-9.]+)/)) {
        ovalue = ovalue substr(value, 1, RSTART - 1)
        var = substr(value, RSTART + 2, RLENGTH - 2)
        value = substr(value, RSTART + RLENGTH)
        if (var ~ /^\{/) {
            var = substr(var, 2, length(var) - 2)
        }
        ovalue = ovalue values[var]
    }
    ovalue = ovalue value

combinedValue = values[variable]
    if (append == 1 && length(combinedValue) > 0) {
        combinedValue = combinedValue " " ovalue
    } else {
        combinedValue = ovalue
    }
    values[variable] = combinedValue

}
    END {
    for (var in values) {
    print var "=" values[var]
    }
    }
    : No such file or directory
    ./configure: line 183: /^(QMAKE_LIBS_X11)=/ { print substr($0, index($0, "=") + 1) }: No such file or directory
    ./configure: line 178:
    BEGIN {
    values["LITERAL_WHITESPACE"] = " "
    values["LITERAL_DOLLAR"] = "$"
    }
    /^[_A-Z0-9.]+[ \t]*+?=/ {
    valStart = index($0, "=") + 1

append = 0
    if (substr($0, valStart - 2, 1) == "+") {
        append = 1
    }

variable = substr($0, 0, valStart - 2 - append)
    value = substr($0, valStart)
    gsub("[ \t]+", "", variable)
    gsub("^[ \t]+", "", value)
    gsub("[ \t]+$", "", value)

ovalue = ""
    while (match(value, /\$\$(\{[_A-Z0-9.]+\}|[_A-Z0-9.]+)/)) {
        ovalue = ovalue substr(value, 1, RSTART - 1)
        var = substr(value, RSTART + 2, RLENGTH - 2)
        value = substr(value, RSTART + RLENGTH)
        if (var ~ /^\{/) {
            var = substr(var, 2, length(var) - 2)
        }
        ovalue = ovalue values[var]
    }
    ovalue = ovalue value

combinedValue = values[variable]
    if (append == 1 && length(combinedValue) > 0) {
        combinedValue = combinedValue " " ovalue
    } else {
        combinedValue = ovalue
    }
    values[variable] = combinedValue

}
    END {
    for (var in values) {
    print var "=" values[var]
    }
    }
    : No such file or directory
    ./configure: line 183: /^(QMAKE_CXX)=/ { print substr($0, index($0, "=") + 1) }: No such file or directory
    ERROR: Cannot set the compiler for the configuration tests @

Errors in Lines 45 and 91:
    @: No such file or directory
    ./configure: line 183: /^(QMAKE_LIBS_X11)=/ { print substr($0, index($0, "=") + 1) }: No such file or directory@

@./configure: line 183: /^(QMAKE_CXX)=/ { print substr($0, index($0, "=") + 1) }: No such file or directory
    ERROR: Cannot set the compiler for the configuration test@

• Moderators

Are you cross-compiling, or building in the BeagleBone itself? (Note: If you build in the BeagleBone, it will take many hours because its processor isn't as powerful as a PC)

What do you get when you call this from the shell (command line)?:
    @
    g++ -v
    make
    @

Have you visited the link I gave you?

• I need QT to be installed on the BeagleBone Black, otherwise the executable file that was created with the hep of QT won run.

Output of Shell command:
    @
    sh-4.2# g++ -v
    Using built-in specs.
    COLLECT_GCC=g++
    COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/libexec/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/4.7.3/lto-wrapper
    Target: arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
    Configured with: /build/v2012.12/build/tmp-angstrom_v2012_12-eglibc/work-shared/gcc-linaro-4.7-r9/gcc-linaro-4.7-2013.02-01/configure --build=x86_64-linux --host=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi --target=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi --prefix=/usr --exec_prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --sharedstatedir=/com --localstatedir=/var --libdir=/usr/lib --includedir=/usr/include --oldincludedir=/usr/include --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --disable-silent-rules --disable-dependency-tracking --with-libtool-sysroot=/build/v2012.12/build/tmp-angstrom_v2012_12-eglibc/sysroots/beaglebone --with-gnu-ld --enable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-threads=posix --disable-multilib --enable-c99 --enable-long-long --enable-symvers=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-pch --program-prefix=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi- --without-local-prefix --enable-target-optspace --enable-lto --enable-libssp --disable-bootstrap --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --with-system-zlib --with-linker-hash-style=gnu --with-ppl=no --with-cloog=no --enable-checking=release --enable-cheaders=c_global --with-sysroot=/ --with-build-sysroot=/build/v2012.12/build/tmp-angstrom_v2012_12-eglibc/sysroots/beaglebone --with-native-system-header-dir=/build/v2012.12/build/tmp-angstrom_v2012_12-eglibc/sysroots/beaglebone/usr/include --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/ --enable-nls
    Thread model: posix
    gcc version 4.7.3 20130205 (prerelease) (Linaro GCC 4.7-2013.02-01)
    sh-4.2# make
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
    sh-4.2#
    @

Yes I have visited that link, and I was looking at it before, but for me there is a problem that I cannot connect BeagleBone Balack to the internet to simplify my life by executing
    @
    opkg update
    opkg install qt4-embedded@

• Moderators

[quote author="sydre" date="1384861965"]but for me there is a problem that I cannot connect BeagleBone Balack to the internet to simplify my life by executing
    @
    opkg update
    opkg install qt4-embedded@
    [/quote]What can't you connect?

Try: http://robotic-controls.com/learn/beaglebone/beaglebone-internet-over-usb-only

[quote author="sydre" date="1384861965"]Output of Shell command:[/quote]Ok, that confirms that you do have the tools installed. I'm not sure why the configure script can't find make.

[quote author="sydre" date="1384861965"]I need QT to be installed on the BeagleBone Black, otherwise the executable file that was created with the hep of QT won run.[/quote]That can be achieved by cross-compilation too (compile ARM-based binaries on your PC, then transfer them to the BBB), but it's a bit more complicated.

• HI,

I could run qt executable file on my BeagleBone Black.
    by disabling
    @gdm.service
    systemctl disable gdm.service@

and running it ./<executable file name> -qws

Everything was working then fine.

Is there a way how to disable the window bar at the top, that appears when the qt user interface is running?
    !http://i.imgur.com/Aixg96G.jpg!

• There's two ways you can do that:
    "Show Full Screen":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qwidget.html#showFullScreen
    or
    "Set Window Flags":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qwidget.html#windowFlags-prop with Qt::FramelessWindowHint as the parameter.

Depending on what you are trying to achieve.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.