[Solved] Releasing Application built with Qt?
I have finally finished developing my application with Qt 4.8.1 & MinGW compiler (at least no more enhancements as of now).
The target is a single .exe.
I am going to redistribute all the .exe & (Qt).dll's in a .zip file.
I want to know what are the steps I should take for creating the production build?
- From where should I copy the Qt dll's for distributing with my application?
- My application has heavy number crunching. I have been running the application with the default compiler options. Should I use any special compiler options for MinGw so that the speed of my application increases?
- Is there any wiki for some standard instructions?
4.This is my first application which will be released online, so I might not know some things. Any suggestions/advice please?
Deployment is a one of most popular issues on this forum. Take a look to a "deployment doc":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/deployment-windows.html
Qt4.x deployment is easier than 5.0 so you shouldn't have too much trouble.
- Have a look at "Dependency Walker" (if you haven't already) to determine exactly which Qt (and MinGW) DLL's you require.
- Maybe look at optimization flags (although I do not know if this will really win you much).
- See qxoz's reply
- I personally also like using "Inno Setup" (to create and distribute msi installers rather than zip files) and if you suddenly realise your application + dll's is enormous, you've possibly copied the Qt debug dll's instead of the release versions ;)