QSS qproperty-sizePolicy??

• Hi,

I am trying to move some of my skin styling to QStylesheets. I'm having trouble specifically with some of the Q_PROPERTY items.

For instance, if I make a .ui using designer with a vertical layout and add two Push Buttons. I right click one of the buttons and edit the style sheet. If I put in:

@qproperty-sizePolicy: QSizePolicy(Policy::Expanding, Policy::Expanding);@

nothing changes. I've tried a million variations without success. I went hunting through the source code to learn more about Q_PROPERTY and QSizePolicy. In qwidget.h there is the line:

@Q_PROPERTY(QSizePolicy sizePolicy READ sizePolicy WRITE setSizePolicy)@

It seems like it fits the bill for a valid qproperty item in a qss. What do i need to pass to qproperty-sizePolicy to get it working?

@qproperty-flat : true@

works fine for example.

Thanks!

• Moderators

you set a Q_PROPERTY via css when it is DESIGNABLE (which it is by default, if it is not defined otherwise):
    @
    Q_PROPERTY(QSizePolicy sizePolicy READ sizePolicy WRITE setSizePolicy DESIGNABLE false) //not designable
    @
    So the sizePolicy is designable via stylesheets.

But you are mixing css and C++, thus the style wont get applied.
    And since the QSizePolicy needs 2 parameters i don't think that you can set it via stylesheet directly.

Some types in Qt are able to set, for example a QSize property can set via stylesheet like this:
    @
    qproperty-mysize: 100 200;
    @
    But you can overcome this problem by subclassing the widget and define a custom property (int) for each QSizePolicy parameters of the widget.

@
    //allowed values see decimal representations of QSizePolicy::PolicyFlag
    qproperty-verticalpolicy: ...;
    qproperty-horizontalalpolicy: ...;
    @

• Ah I see, thanks for the info. I was able to specify a few properties like the following, in case it helps anyone else:

@
    #include <QtGui/QPushButton>
    #include <QtGui/QSizePolicy>

class FlexiStretchyButton : public QPushButton
    {
    Q_OBJECT
    Q_PROPERTY(QSizePolicy::Policy vertSizePolicy READ verticalPolicy WRITE setVerticalPolicy)
    Q_PROPERTY(QSizePolicy::Policy horizSizePolicy READ horizontalPolicy WRITE setHorizontalPolicy)
    Q_PROPERTY(bool resizeFont READ resizeFont WRITE setResizeFont)

public:

FlexiStretchyButton(QWidget* parent = 0);
    FlexiStretchyButton(const QString& text, QWidget* parent = 0 );
    FlexiStretchyButton(const QIcon& icon, const QString& text, QWidget* parent = 0 );
    ~FlexiStretchyButton();

void setResizeFont(bool resize) { bResizeFont = resize; };
    bool resizeFont() const { return bResizeFont; };

protected: // Overloaded operations

void resizeEvent(QResizeEvent *event);
    void setVerticalPolicy(QSizePolicy::Policy policy)
    {
    QSizePolicy mPolicy = sizePolicy();
    setSizePolicy(mPolicy.horizontalPolicy(), policy);
    };
    void setHorizontalPolicy(QSizePolicy::Policy policy)
    {
    QSizePolicy mPolicy = sizePolicy();
    setSizePolicy(policy, mPolicy.verticalPolicy());
    };
    QSizePolicy::Policy verticalPolicy() { return sizePolicy().verticalPolicy(); };
    QSizePolicy::Policy horizontalPolicy() { return sizePolicy().horizontalPolicy(); };

private:

bool bResizeFont;

};

@

and modify in a .qss like so:

@

FlexiStretchyButton
    {
    qproperty-vertSizePolicy: Expanding;
    qproperty-resizeFont: true;
    }

@

• Running into another problem: In Qt's QLayout code it says:

@
    Q_PROPERTY(int margin READ margin WRITE setMargin)
    Q_PROPERTY(int spacing READ spacing WRITE setSpacing)
    @

However this QSS doesn't work:

@
    QLayout
    {
    qproperty-margin: 0;
    qproperty-spacing: 0;
    }
    @

I have tried subclassing QGridLayout and QBoxLayout and adding both of those Q_PROPERTY's. If I call the methods those properties use it works fine, however I would really like to do this in QSS.

Is there a way of achieving this?

Thanks!

• Moderators

only QWidgets get polished by stylesheets. So you can't apply it to other classes which don't derive from QWidget.
    You need to define those properties on a widget class and forward the value to it's layout.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.