IPC with QLocalSocket UnconnectedState not called

• Hi,

I am having a weird issue with QLocalSocket while trying to communicate between two applications. This is my first time using QLocalSocket. I have subclassed a QLocalSocket and use moveToThread() to have all of my packet parsing done in the background. The stateChanged() signal connected like so in my QMainWindow:
    @
    // local socket class
    qRegisterMetaTypeQAbstractSocket::SocketState("QAbstractSocket::SocketState");
    qRegisterMetaTypeQLocalSocket::LocalSocketState("QLocalSocket::LocalSocketState");
    socket = new LocalSocket();
    connect(socket, SIGNAL(stateChanged(QLocalSocket::LocalSocketState)), this, SLOT(socketStateChanged(QLocalSocket::LocalSocketState)));

... other connections to connect to the server, send recv data, ect.

// local socket thread
    socketThread = new QThread(this);
    socket->moveToThread(socketThread);   // move the socket subclass to the thread
    socketThread->start();  // start the thread

@

where my slot is as follows:
    @
    /*
    // socket state changed (private slot)
    */
    void MainWindow::socketStateChanged(QLocalSocket::LocalSocketState state)
    {
    // check the socket state
    switch (state){
    // unconnected state
    case QLocalSocket::UnconnectedState: {
    // start the timer to connect
    if (!timerConnection->isActive())
    timerConnection->start();

// set disconnected ui
            setDisconnectedUI();
            break;
        }

// connected state
        case QLocalSocket::ConnectedState: {
            // set the connected ui
            setConnectedUI();
            break;
        }
    }

}
    @

I get the QLocalSocket::ConnectingState and QLocalSocket::ConnectedState initially after I call connectToServer() (which both sides start data transmission successfully), but when I kill the process running the server, I never receive a QLocalSocket::UnconnectedState.

I know in Linux, the QLocalSocket uses a file in /tmp/'server_name' for the IPC, is there something on the server side that needs to happen when the server cleanup happens? (after the process is killed)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.