QLayout margin through stylesheet [solved]

• Hey all,

I want to set the margin of all QLayout in my application to zero. There exists already a bug entry for this ("Bug 22862":https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-22862). However I can not wait until it is fixed. Does anyone has a solution, or a workaround? I would like to avoid setting margins for every Layout.

Tahnk you,
    the red-schmidt

[edit: declared solved]

• Moderators

since QLayout classes are not deriving from QWidget they wont be polished by the style and i doubt they will ever be.
    You would need to create a property on your widget which sets the margin on the layout then.

For example:
    class:
    @
    class MyWidget : public QWidget
    {
    Q_OBJECT
    Q_PROPERTY(int LayoutMargins READ ... WRITE setLayoutMargins DESIGNABLE true )
    public:

void setLayoutMargins(int margins)
    {
           if( margins >= 0 )
                layout->setContentsMargins( margins, margins, margins, margins );
    }

};
    @
    qss:
    @
    MyWidget {
    qproperty-LayoutMargins: 0;
    }
    @

• Thank you for the hint.

I had a similar idea, but would like to set all Layouts in my application at one place. Creating a basic widget using this solution and inheriting from that class would cause trouble whenever I want to inherit from another Qt-Widget.

• Moderators

i haven't tried this ... it's just a quick shot out of my mind:
    @
    //initialize your layouts here
    class InitializerWidget : public virtual QWidget
    {
    Q_OBJECT
    Q_PROPERTY( .... )
    public:
    };

//your derived widget which uses layouts from InitializerWidget class
    class MyWidget : public InitializerWidget, public QLineEdit
    {
    };
    @

Note the virtual inheritance.

• yeah. That works.
    Thank you :)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.