[Solved] Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quick

• Hi,

I was hoping to get some help with the following problem trying to build Qt Creator (under Fedora).

I downloaded the following 2 source distros

• qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.1.tar.gz
    • qt-creator-2.8.1-src.tar.gz

I (seemingly) successfully built qt using the following:

@
    ./configure -prefix ./build -developer-build -opensource -nomake examples -nomake tests
    make -j 4
    make install
    @

The above appears to have put all the qt build stuff into my spec'd 'build' directory.

• /home/a/Qt/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.1/build

Then, I tried to build Qt Creator as follows:

• From the root directory of my newly un-tar'd source tree
      @
      export PATH=/home/a/Qt/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.1/build/bin:$PATH
      cd /home/a/Qt/qt-creator/qt-creator-2.8.1-src
      mkdir build
      cd build
      qmake ../qtcreator.pro
      make
      @

The make got through a significant portion of the build tree until the following error:
    @
    make[3]: Entering directory `/home/a/Qt/qt-creator/qt-creator-2.8.1-src/build/src/tools/qml2puppet'
    cd qml2puppet/ && ( test -e Makefile || /home/a/Qt/qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.1/build/bin/qmake /home/a/Qt/qt-creator/qt-creator-2.8.1-src/src/tools/qml2puppet/qml2puppet/qml2puppet.pro -o Makefile ) && make -f Makefile
    Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quick
    @

Any help on this is GREATLY appreciated.

Dennis

• Moderators

Remove the prefix from your Qt5 configure, a -developer-build implies an in-source build (no "make install" is required). The rest should work.

• bq. Remove the prefix from your Qt5 configure, a -developer-build implies an in-source build (no “make install” is required). The rest should work.

That fixed it. Thanks sierdzio.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.