Qt-Creator and VS2010

• Hi,

I just compiled qt4.7.0 beta2 with VS2010 mkspec. then I wanted to add it as a Qt version in my Creator 2.0 . After adding it in the version preference, i got the message "unable to determine the msvc-version. Isnt VS2010 not yet supported by Creator? Is there a workaround to get it working? Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help

Felix

• Moderators

Hi, I'm using QtCreator with MVSC2010 (32 bit), so there is no general problem. I didn't find any 'unable to determine the msvc-version' string in the source code though, can you recheck what exact error message QtCreator gives you?

• i also looked for that error in the source and didnt find it. im using the 64bit version of Studio2010. I also compiled qt with 64bits.

on my old computer (studio 2005 and qt32bit) he found in the settings the MSVC-Compiler version 8.0.

Now there isnt even a combobox with the version, but only the red error label. and when i want to start compiling a project, he does not find the cl.exe what seems logical to me.

• Moderators

Actually MSVC 2010 64bit isn't supported by Qt, and will create heaps of problems right now: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-11445.

• thank you for your help, in the "bugreport" if everything written thats importen for this problem.

solved

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.