[Solved] Creator: How to use .pro file build settings?

• I have a .pro file, which already specifies all the necessary build settings.

In Qt Creator 2.8.0, how do I set up the project so that it uses exactly those settings?

• Moderators

Disable shadow building in project settings.

Or globally, change default build directory (in settings) to ".".

• Moderators

[quote author="sierdzio" date="1375263501"]
    Or globally, change default build directory (in settings) to ".".[/quote]

That is a good feature. Did not know yet, That it actually made it into a creator release. An incentive to switch to a more recent creator version.

• Moderators

[quote author="koahnig" date="1375265191"][quote author="sierdzio" date="1375263501"]
    Or globally, change default build directory (in settings) to ".".[/quote]

That is a good feature. Did not know yet, That it actually made it into a creator release. An incentive to switch to a more recent creator version.
    [/quote]

Yep, it's in under Build & Run->General->Default build directory. I don't remember when it was integrated, I think QtC 2.7 already has it in. I'm usually either on newest release or a git checkout myself.

• Moderators

I have checked the current creator in SDK has it. So it was definitely in version 2.7.2 . However, need to clear my other issues first.

• The destination paths of my project depend on the values of environment variables. I have tried changing the environment in "project settings", but that doesn't seem to have an effect.

Does Qt Creator re-parse the build-related settings in the .pro file, or does it just read the paths one when loading the project?

Edit: Found it. Creator requires a pseudo-change to the .pro file

• Moderators

Yep, when something like this does not work, it's best to clean, run qmake, and build again.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.