Qt Layouts: help needed with widgets that overlap

• Hi there,

I've spent a few hours on this but I'm still having trouble. I was wondering if there is something I am overlooking, or if it is not possible to do it using Layouts?

I need to have two widgets diagonal from each other (each is 85x85 on Qt Designer), sort of like two squares of a chess board, except that the top edge of the bottom widget, and the bottom edge of the top widget should touch, and there should be a 47 pixel overlap along the edge. There is no vertical overlap.

I've tried using spacers and two QHBoxLayouts.. but i'm having trouble getting the exact behaviour I need. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

• Hi, you can do it manually instead of using QLayout. or you should create a custom QLayout.

• Thank you for the answer!

Won't using two fixed size widgets cause the application to have strange behaviour while resizing though?

• No, you have full control for the sub widgets without QLayout. all the move and resize behavior can be controlled by yourself now.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.