QWindowsWindow::setGeometry: Unable to set geometry

• I have developed one QWebView application earlier using Qt4.8.1 SDk.
    Now I have recompiled my application using VS2012 Qt SDK 5.1 64 bit.
    I am getting the below mention error message in some of websites.

QWindowsWindow::setGeometry: Unable to set geometry

Please let me know what this error message represents and how to get rid out of it.

• I'm in this boat too on PyQt5.

Using a QBoxLayout causes the error for me. Would love to hear of a possible solution to this issue.

Python 2.7.5, PyQt 5.1.1 compiled with Qt 5.1.1 msvc opengl on Windows 7 x64

@class Window(QWidget):
    def init(self, parent=None):
    super(Window, self).init(parent)

header = QWidget()

layout = QBoxLayout(QBoxLayout.TopToBottom, self)
        layout.addWidget(header)

if name == 'main':
    app = QApplication(sys.argv)

win = Window()
    win.show()

sys.exit(app.exec_())

QWindowsWindow::setGeometry: Unable to set geometry 22x22+640+285 on 'WindowClassWindow'. Resulting geometry: 116x22+640+285 (frame: 8, 30, 8, 8, custom margin: 0, 0, 0, 0, minimum size: 22x22, maximum size: 16777215x16777215).@

• I got this error/warning on Windows 8.1 and it seems to be just a matter of a limitation on the minimum size of the window (imposed by the OS or window manager) when it does not have enough space for the window title and/or standard GUI buttons.

When I set a fixed width of 100 pixels I got the error, but setting its minimun to 200 seems enought to avoid the error.

• I got this error/warning on Windows 8.1 and it seems to be just a matter of a limitation on the minimum size of the window (imposed by the OS or window manager) when it does not have enough space for the window title and/or standard GUI buttons.

When I set a fixed width of 100 pixels I got the error, but setting its minimun to 200 seems enought to avoid the error.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.