[solved] Qt 5.1 linux build issue - undefined reference WebCore::FullScreenVideoWindow::hideCursor()


  • Moderators

    Hi all,

    I am having trouble building Qt 5.1 on my linux system running gentoo.

    Here is the output from my build:
    @make[3]: Entering directory /data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/Source' make[3]: Nothing to be done forfirst'.
    make[3]: Leaving directory /data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/Source' ( test -e Makefile.widgetsapi || /data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtbase/bin/qmake /data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/Source/widgetsapi.pri -o Makefile.widgetsapi ) && make -f Makefile.widgetsapi make[3]: Entering directory/data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/Source'
    make[3]: Nothing to be done for first'. make[3]: Leaving directory/data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/Source'
    cd WebKit2/ && ( test -e Makefile.WebProcess || /data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtbase/bin/qmake /data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/Source/WebKit2/WebProcess.pro -o Makefile.WebProcess ) && make -f Makefile.WebProcess
    make[3]: Entering directory /data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/Source/WebKit2' g++ -m64 -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-rpath,/data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/Qt-5.1.0/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtbase/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtjsbackend/lib -o ../../bin/QtWebProcess .obj/release-shared/qt/MainQt.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -L/data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/lib -lQt5WebKitWidgets -lX11 -lxslt -ldl -lxml2 -ludev -lgio-2.0 -lgstapp-1.0 -lgstpbutils-1.0 -lgstvideo-1.0 -lgstaudio-1.0 -lgstbase-1.0 -lgstreamer-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -pthread -lrt -lglib-2.0 -lsqlite3 -L/data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtdeclarative/lib -L/data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtbase/lib -lQt5Sql -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -rdynamic -L/usr/lib64/mysql -L/usr//lib64 -L/usr/lib64/ -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -rdynamic -lmysqlclient_r -lz -lcrypt -lnsl -lm -lssl -lcrypto -L/data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtsensors/lib -lQt5Quick -lQt5OpenGL -lQt5PrintSupport -lQt5Qml -lQt5WebKit -lQt5Widgets -lQt5Sensors -lQt5Network -lQt5Gui -lQt5Core -lGL -lpthread /data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/lib/libQt5WebKit.so: undefined reference toWebCore::FullScreenVideoWindow::keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent*)'
    /data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/lib/libQt5WebKit.so: undefined reference to WebCore::FullScreenVideoWindow::showFullScreen()' /data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/lib/libQt5WebKit.so: undefined reference toWebCore::FullScreenVideoWindow::event(QEvent*)'
    /data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/lib/libQt5WebKit.so: undefined reference to WebCore::FullScreenVideoWindow::hideCursor()' collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make[3]: *** [../../bin/QtWebProcess] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory/data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/Source/WebKit2'
    make[2]: *** [sub-WebKit2-WebProcess-pro-make_first-ordered] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory /data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit/Source' make[1]: *** [sub-Source-QtWebKit-pro-make_first-ordered] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory/data/builds/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.1.0/qtwebkit'
    make: *** [module-qtwebkit-make_first] Error 2
    @

    It looks like there was a bug in the gentoo overlay for 5.1 rc's and alpha but it was "fixed" in 5.1 release. I'm not using the overlay but building directly from source. Here is a link to that bug:

    "Gentoo bug link":https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=472414

    I have never had any major issues with building Qt before.

    Normally I can figure these out but I'm in a time crunch right now so figured I'd reach out for some expert help. :)

    Let me know if there is anything more I can provide, never asked for support on anything before so not quite sure what info is needed.


  • Moderators

    I updated my system to the latest stuff and it seems to have resolved itself. One of the libraries updated was gstreamer which would be the culprit (I'm guessing).

    Either way, anybody else having this problem should update their system. Wish I could have figured out exactly which library had caused it but I didn't capture what I updated and it was 104 packages.



  • I ran into the same problem, and it seems moc generates some C++ file from a header file that uses those symbols. The following patch seems to fix the problem for me;

    http://pastebin.com/KTh5LZ5v


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.