Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Getting "Could Not Run" "No debugger set up" Message with dock widgets example app

• Using Qt 5.1.0 amd Qt Creator 2.7.2 that downloaded as a bundle.
    Using qmake.exe "C:\Users\RoboSQ\Documents\Qt Projects\dockwidgets\dockwidgets.pro" -r -spec win32-msvc2012 "CONFIG+=debug" "CONFIG+=declarative_debug" "CONFIG+=qml_debug"

I copied the dock widgets example directory to a new location.
    I changed the build directory path using Projects mode. It built ok when I did Build->Rebuild Project "dockwidgets".
    When I click on icon for "Start Debugging" I get a "Could Not Run" "No debugger set up" .

What should I do to walk through the app using the debugger?

• Hi, are you using MinGW or MSVC version?

if you are using MSVC, have you installed the CDB?

• I'm so unfamiliar with all this, all I know is I downloaded a bundled Qt with Qt Creator.
    The DEBUG command line I posted above suggests MSVC version (?! doesn't it?! (I'm not sure))
    i.e.- win32-msvc2012 “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=declarative_debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug”

What does the acronym CDB mean?
    I didn't do any special installation other than to install the bundle mentioned above.

If I have to install a CDB, how do I do that?
    Also, is the dockwidgets example particular to Android?...or is that even a factor in all this?
    ...and if it IS a factor, what must I do?
    I just want to walk through the code using the debugger.

Thanks for your help.

• Hi,

Console Debugger (CDB), which is used by Qt Creator to debug applications complied by MSVC compiler, is part of Debugging Tools for
    Windows.

Debugging Tools for Windows is a component of windows SDK or windows WDK, which can be download from.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg463009.aspx

• Thank you so much Hobby Entomologist!

Your concise pointers helped me tremendously!

I found if one accesses the Help Manual via Help Mode, and then does an index search of "options debugger", a verbose explanation of why and how one needs to install a CDB and Symbol Servers when using Native Microsoft Windows compilers is available.

Your URL for the download completed the overall solution.

Thanks again for your help!