Convert Visual Studio project into Qt

• Hi!

I'm using a code provided by National Instrument to do data acquisition. Since I can't pay for the Labview licence, I used to run the code under the Codeblocks IDE instead.

The code provided is a Visual Studio project (.psd). When you try to open it on Codeblocks, it first open a window and go trought a few steps to convert the project from Visual Studio to Codeblocks (.cbp). Once it's done, you can run the code without any problem.

The program I'm working on do what I want it to do, only now I would like to make an interface to simplify it's use. For this, I plan to move to Qt. That's where the trouble starts: Qt does not automatically convert the Visual Studio project (.dsp) into Qt project (.pro). An unconverted code doesn't work and simply copy/paste the code in a .pro file doesn't work either.

Does anyone knows how to convert a Visual Studio project into a Qt project?

Their is only one project to convert so a manual method would be enough.

Thanks for the help!

• Moderators

Do you have a non-Express version of Visual Studio? If so, I believe you can use the "Visual Studio Add-In":http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2013/07/03/visual-studio-add-in-1-2-2-released/ to export a project into .pro

[quote author="Albany" date="1373569130"]I'm using a code provided by National Instrument to do data acquisition. Since I can't pay for the Labview licence, I used to run the code under the Codeblocks IDE instead.[/quote]By the way, I'm pretty sure you still need a license to develop software using National Instruments' libraries (Measurement Studio), even if you're not using LabVIEW

• Hi, you can run

@
    qmake -project
    @

to generate a .pro file. Then you can edit this .pro file to make it works as excepted.

• [quote author="JKSH" date="1373591749"]Do you have a non-Express version of Visual Studio? If so, I believe you can use the "Visual Studio Add-In":http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2013/07/03/visual-studio-add-in-1-2-2-released/ to export a project into .pro[/quote]

No, I don't use Visual Studio, again for monetary reasons.

[quote author="JKSH" date="1373591749"]By the way, I'm pretty sure you still need a license to develop software using National Instruments' libraries (Measurement Studio), even if you're not using LabVIEW[/quote]

I hope not because my project would be screwed... But it's not Measurement Studio, it's a header file, not an actual library. Never the less, I'll verify to be sure, thanks.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.