Building qt5.1 for iOS

• I've followed the instructions from http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtdoc/ios-support.html, everything went fine, no error.

the sdk I choose is iphonesimulator6.1

I've build qtscript and qtquick1

Then I tried de build the example qt-ios-demo.xcodeproj during qmake I get a warning saying that .qmake.cache was not present, and when I tried to open the generated Xcode project I get the following error:
    Project /Users/tof/qt5/qt-ios-demo/qt-ios-demo.xcodeproj cannot be opened: The project contains no build configurations - it may have been damaged

any idea ?

• still no chance with this, I tryed several other things like doing a checkout on ios branch as explained in some old howto I saw

is there a way to check for which sdk qt was build, I suspect that this is the part that is not working

• have this same problem, any idea ???

• i tried to build the sdk with several options but every time get this same error:

(...) .qmake.cache was not present (...) qt-ios-demo.xcodeproj cannot be opened: The project contains no build configurations – it may have been damaged.

really, no one can explain it?

Please post how You build your solution for iOS.

• I am getting this exact same issue as well, trying random things to figure out the solution, no luck yet.

Details:

First try:

•   Did ./configure not /configure

•   Configure step included  -sdk iphone simulator

•   Chose open source license

•   qtbase-ios and qt-ios-demo are siblings in the same directory

• Second attempt generated a qt-ios-demo.xcodeproj that did not give an error on loading, but wouldn't build.

Details:

• Deleted (rm -rf) both qtbase-ios and qt-ios-demo and got fresh copies via git.
    • Did not include the -sdk iphonesimulator in the configure step.
    • Chose commerical license
    • 107 issues, 9 linker warnings, 98 linker errors

P.S. Following these steps, btw: http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2013/03/05/qt-for-ios-preview/ (Qt for iOS Preview)

• I have no clean solution yet.
    Temporary I use the SDK from site http://mediator-software.com and build my project as static library. Then I linked it in the pre-configured xcode project.
    It works, but you get nasty overlay with some text like "iOS Plugin Mediator Software...".

• Third attempt does not give any errors but silently refuses to generate an xcodeproj file when I run qmake.

Details:

• Deleted (rm -rf) both qtbase-ios and qt-ios-demo and got fresh copies via git.
    • Did not include the -sdk iphonesimulator in the configure step
    • Chose Open Source license
    • Did make -
    • For qt-io-demo, ran ../qtbase-ios/bin/qmake, but no qt-ios-demo.xcodeproj is created.

The file /Users/kenn/Documents/DEV/qt-ios-demo/qt-ios-demo.xcodeproj does not exist.

Then I tried to install QT, even though the 5.1 preview instructions did not specify to do so, in case it was needed. I followed the instructions here: http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.1/qtdoc/install-mac.html

And install failed with missing symbols in the linker:

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

make[3]: *** [../../../bin/moc] Error 1

make[2]: *** [sub-moc-install_subtargets] Error 2

make[1]: *** [sub-tools-install_subtargets] Error 2

make: *** [sub-src-install_subtargets] Error 2

• finally get it working, in fact doing nothing special, just clean fresh sources and the tutorial from qtdoc5.1, I guess a commit was made in the source to correct something

Steps I followed:

• git clone
    • perl init-repository --no-webkit
    • in qtbase: ./configure -xplatform unsupported/macx-ios-clang -developer-build -release -sdk iphonsimulator6.1
    • and then still in qtbase: make
      -in qtscript and in qtquick1: ../qtbase/bin/qmake; make

And then I could try the example from : git://github.com/msorvig/qt-ios-demo.git

in the qt-ios-demo folder I I just called : ../qtbase/bin/qmake and then open the generated xcodeproj file using open

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.