Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

SOLVED: Set Tab Icon with code

• Hello Developers,

I have been trying to set an icon for a tab in a tabWidget using code but failed so far. Its easier with the form designer but I need to use code to make my app dynamic.
    Here's the code for mainwindow.cpp, the rest of the files are the default for a MainWindow project.
    Please show me how to set icons with size 20x20p for both tab1 and tab2 below.

mainwindow.cpp
    @#include "mainwindow.h"
    #include "ui_mainwindow.h"

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
    QMainWindow(parent),
    ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
    {
    ui->setupUi(this);

QTabWidget *tabWidget = new QTabWidget;
    QWidget *tab1 = new QWidget;
    QWidget *tab2 = new QWidget;

setCentralWidget(tabWidget);

tabWidget->insertTab(0, tab1, "Tab 1");
    tabWidget->insertTab(1, tab2, "Tab 2");

}

MainWindow::~MainWindow()
    {
    delete ui;
    }@

Thanks in advance

• Hi Qkato.
    Did you try insert tabs with this option?

@int QTabWidget::insertTab(int index, QWidget * page, const QIcon & icon, const QString & label)@

Hope it's util.
    Regards.

• Read the manual please:

@
    int QTabWidget::insertTab(int index, QWidget * page, const QIcon & icon, const QString & label)
    @

• Moderators

or even QTabWidget::setTabIcon() ...

• Yes, I can see the parameters but cant seem to get it right.
    Please illustrate how I can add an icon that's a resource with path "image/icon.png"

• Moderators

@QIcon(“:/image/icon.png”)@

• Tried the example, still can't get the icon on the tab. Is it about having the size of the image defined too, and if so how is it done?

• Please show you full code and resource file

• Thanks for all your posts, When mcosta talked of resource file I took a look at it and there was a prefix for images. Its why the icon wasn't visible all along. Now all is fine.

Thanks so much for the help.