[SOLVED?]how to detect active Qframe in mdi area

• I need help for detect the active qframe that my app open inside an mdiArea on mainwindow.

• QMdiArea::activeSubWindow()

• don't work for me ..... I've created mdiarea with designer in my main window and in my mainwindow.ccp with signal & slot by menù item I open a new frame(class parent of QFrame) when I clik over a menu item.

with "QMdiArea::activeSubWindow()" I detect only the mdiarea creted with designer, but not the single frame that I open with menù.

• for more precision:

in my mainwindow.ccp I have some of these void (ex.):

void pesa2::newlavoro()
    {

//when I open these I need to close all other ..... I have too void pesa2::new1 --> m_new1 -- void pesa2::new2 --> m_new2 etc etc....

m_newlavoro = new lavoro(ui->mdiArea); // for close lavoro??
    m_newlavoro->show();
    m_newlavoro->activateWindow();
    m_newlavoro->setAttribute(Qt::WA_DeleteOnClose);

}

• I tray this ... but obtain only an error of segmentation fault tipe SIGSEV

void pesa2::newlavoro()
    {

//when I open these I need to close all other ….. I have too void pesa2::new1 —> m_new1 — void pesa2::new2 —> m_new2 etc etc….

if (m_new1->isVisible()){m_new1->close();}
    if (m_new2->isVisible()){m_new2->close();}

m_newlavoro = new lavoro(ui->mdiArea);
    m_newlavoro->show();
    m_newlavoro->activateWindow(); m_newlavoro->setAttribute(Qt::WA_DeleteOnClose);

}

• Nothing in your example code has added a widget to the MDI area (with QMdiArea::addSubWindow()) so the call to QMdiArea::activeSubWindow() will return a null pointer. The docs describe other circumstances a null will be returned.

• I think you're right ... in qt there is no method for add"frame" in mdiArea

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.