UnicodeUTF8 not member QApplication - generated with Qt5 Designer

• So I upgraded to Qt5...I loaded my apps from QT4 and I fixed a # of issues like #includes to the Qt5 style. So it gets through most of files now without error. BUT, when it generates the UI headers, Qt actually generates the incorrect code like so:
    iHighlightButton->setText(QApplication::translate("DoubleGraphicView", "Highlight Items", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));
    iUnHighlightButton->setText(QApplication::translate("DoubleGraphicView", "Unhighlight Items", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));

So why would Qt5 generate this which are deprecated values in Qt5...? Am I missing a setting?

• A hack to get this working is to create a qt 5 application and then copy your projects source files to it.

• Thanks...what I actually did was install the qt4 libraries/core and this seemed to get past this. But yes if you start with a fresh qt5 project your good to go.

• QCoreApplication::UnicodeUTF8 is deprecated

This enum type used to define the 8-bit encoding of character string arguments to translate(). This enum is now obsolete and UTF-8 will be used in all cases. So remove all instances of QCoreApplication::UnicodeUTF8. For example:

Href_Gui->setWindowTitle(QApplication::translate("Href_Gui", "Url / www", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));
    label->setText(QApplication::translate("Href_Gui", "Text:", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));
    label_2->setText(QApplication::translate("Href_Gui", "Url:", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));
    label_3->setText(QApplication::translate("Href_Gui", "Target / Name:", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));

to

Href_Gui->setWindowTitle(QApplication::translate("Href_Gui", "Url / www", 0));
    label->setText(QApplication::translate("Href_Gui", "Text:", 0));
    label_2->setText(QApplication::translate("Href_Gui", "Url:", 0));
    label_3->setText(QApplication::translate("Href_Gui", "Target / Name:", 0));

This solved my problem

• Hi,

This is an old post but i've the same problem (as described by snake8080). Is there any other/logical solution (without hacking anything) ?

Thanks.

• True. an old post; I found it since I had the same issue. In case someone still needs a solution: I had to manually delete the old intermediate files (moc_*, *.o) that were in the same directory as the source code, then run qmake (from QtCreater menu). Now solved.

• True. an old post; I found it since I had the same issue. In case someone still needs a solution: I had to manually delete the old intermediate files (moc_*, *.o) that were in the same directory as the source code, then run qmake (from QtCreater menu). Now solved.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.