Compiling a library on a system with no qmake installation

• I'm trying to compile a library that I wrote in Qt Creator using qmake on a remote machine which does not have qmake installed. I thought that running "make" on the qmake-generated Makefile would work without qmake present, but apparently it doesn't.

Is there a way to generate a Makefile on a machine and using this same Makefile on another machine to compile the library?

Thanks!

• Moderators

You would still need moc to be present for the build to succeed.

• The library does not depend on any way on Qt. I just wanted to use the IDE.

• Moderators

Why use qmake then? There is Scons, Cmake, and many other build systems to choose from :)

Going back to your question - take a look at the Makefile. It is certainly possible to reuse it on a different machine, but it's also very probable that some paths are wrong. You can safely edit and adjust the file by hand to match the target machine.

• Well, at first, I didn't know I would have to compile on machine without qmake!

Anyway, I found that the easiest way was to manually compile the library. It's not big, so it's pretty usable.

Thanks for your time!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.