[Solved]Activating calender popup on focus in event

• I have a requirement in which I want to activate the calender popup using the keyboard. But the problem is that, in the focus in event the popup doesn't work.

Please let me know if I need to change the approach or add something more that I am missing.

• Moderators

see my DocNote on the "QTimeEdit":http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qdatetimeedit.html. You could do something like that in your focus event handler method:

@
    void MyDateEdit::focusInEvent ( QFocusEvent * event )
    {
    QStyleOptionComboBox opt;
    this->initStyleOption(&opt);
    QRect rect = this->style()->subControlRect(QStyle::CC_ComboBox,&opt,QStyle::SC_ComboBoxArrow);

QMouseEvent event(QEvent::MouseButtonPress, rect.center(), Qt::LeftButton, Qt::LeftButton, Qt::NoModifier);
     QApplication::sendEvent(this, &event);

QMouseEvent event(QEvent::MouseButtonRelease, rect.center(), Qt::LeftButton, Qt::LeftButton, Qt::NoModifier);
     QApplication::sendEvent(this, &event);

QDateEdit::focusInEvent(event);

}
    @

this should open the calendar popup on focus in.

• Since dateEdit inherits QAbstractSipnBox: you need to make few modification to the above code,

@QStyleOptionSpinBox opt;

initStyleOption(&opt);

QRect rect = this->style()->subControlRect(QStyle::CC_SpinBox,&opt,QStyle::SC_SpinBoxDown);@

• Moderators

no, because when the calendar popup is enabled the time edit looks more like a combobox than a spinbox right?
    And thats even the code QDateTimeEdit uses itself to paint the calendar button internally btw.

• But the code didnt work with QStyleOptionComboBox.

• Moderators

yes you are right.. .sorry.
    It over-hasted when i looked it up from some old code of mine.

• It happens no worries :)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.