-no-webkit - does this actually work?

• I'm trying to build Qt 4.8.4 on OSX. I'm invoking the following to do so:

@./configure -opensource -confirm-license -arch x86 -sdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk -no-webkit -no-qt3support -nomake tests -nomake demos -nomake examples

make
    @

For some reason, even though I've tried very hard to not build webkit, Qt still seems to very badly want to build webkit -

@
    g++ -headerpad_max_install_names -arch i386 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk -single_module -dynamiclib -compatibility_version 4.9 -current_version 4.9.3 -install_name /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.4/lib/QtWebKit.framework/Versions/4/QtWebKit_debug -Xarch_i386 -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -o QtWebKit_debug .obj/debug-shared/WebSystemInterface.o .obj/debug-shared/QTKitFullScreenVideoHandler.o ...

@

What am I doing wrong here? Is there a -no-im-really-serious-please-dont-build-webkit switch?

• Moderators

That switch seems to be bugged, unfortunately.

The easiest way to prevent Qt WebKit from building is to rename (or even delete) the qtwebkit folder before you run configure

• Ok - thanks - I'll wipe out that directory before I build.

• I have tried also.... -nomake webkit and it does not work either.
    And this is is with 5.1.0 final.
    Seems bad that one must manually destroy the webkit and webkit-examples directories.

• Moderators

[quote author="Victor" date="1373667340"]I have tried also.... -nomake webkit and it does not work either.
    And this is is with 5.1.0 final.
    Seems bad that one must manually destroy the webkit and webkit-examples directories.
    [/quote]"-nomake" is for examples and tests, not modules.

But yes, it needs to be fixed.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.