Newbie:Doubt on QML coding.

• Dear all,

I am a newbie in Qt.
    I have symbian application development background.

I need to learn more on QML.

My doubt is when i try to run some sample codes given in the tutorial,keywords like 'Background','MediumText','Button' etc are not taking,compilation error occured(showing as "Background is not a type").
    On top of the code i have added import Qt 4.7 ,anything else is required.

please help me..
    tnks in advance,
    remesh

• MediumText, Button are not standard components of QML you need create this components first before use it, check this article "Getting Started Programming with QML":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot/gettingstartedqml.html , is a good starting point

• [quote author="remeshothera" date="1292950685"]Dear all,

I am a newbie in Qt.
    I have symbian application development background.

I need to learn more on QML.

My doubt is when i try to run some sample codes given in the tutorial,keywords like 'Background','MediumText','Button' etc are not taking,compilation error occured(showing as "Background is not a type").
    On top of the code i have added import Qt 4.7 ,anything else is required.

please help me..
    tnks in advance,
    remesh[/quote]

Which is the above mentioned sample you are referring to.

• Most likely the sample includes files such as 'Background.qml'

If you have a Background.qml in the same directory, 'Background' becomes a type you can use in other QML files.

• Thank u all for u r quick response....

One more doubt to clarify...

Is it possible to access system capabilities like Camera,Telephony,Calender etc using QML?

If yes plz give me the documentation..
    thanks,
    remesh

• The documentation (and implementation) isn't 100% complete yet, but here you go:
    http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility/qml-plugins.html

For instance, I couldn't find documentation for the Camera QML object, but here's an example that uses it:
    http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility/declarative-camera.html

• [quote author="remeshothera" date="1293086324"]Thank u all for u r quick response....

One more doubt to clarify...

Is it possible to access system capabilities like Camera,Telephony,Calender etc using QML?

If yes plz give me the documentation..
    thanks,
    remesh[/quote]

QML is mostly recommended for UI. So you can try a combination of Qt C++ and QML to access the said system capabilities.

• thanks once again...

• There are so many articles available in this web for the new developer, So, you can try it.

And also run the code.And start developing.

• [quote author="qtrahul" date="1293090092"]There are so many articles available in this web for the new developer, So, you can try it.

And also run the code.And start developing. [/quote]

Its obvious from his post that he tried to run the code and started development using QML.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.