[SOLVED] qmake doesn't work (fresh install Windows 8 N & Qt5.0.2)

• I've just installed Windows 8 N and Qt5.0.2 (MinGW32) and created a simple GUI app. When I try to build it stops at the qmake step. It outputs this:
    @"MAKEFILE_GENERATOR variable not set as a result of parsing : untitled.pro. Possibly qmake was not able to find files included using "include(..)" - enable qmake debugging to investigate more."@

Never happened to me. Google won't lead me to an answer. Thanks.

SOLVED: looks like the installer package got messed up in my USB flash drive. Burnt to a CD and worked like a charm.

• Hi,

can you post you pro file?

• It is generated when you create the basic GUI application from the wizard. Like this one:
    @#-------------------------------------------------

Project created by QtCreator 2013-04-18T13:22:02

#-------------------------------------------------

QT += core gui

greaterThan(QT_MAJOR_VERSION, 4): QT += widgets

TARGET = untitled
    TEMPLATE = app

SOURCES += main.cpp
    MainWindow.cpp

HEADERS += MainWindow.hpp

FORMS += MainWindow.ui
    @

I tried to reinstall Windows and Qt. I will try to download the Qt package another time, just in case.

• Have you installed also MinGW?

• Looks like it is something wrong either with my Windows 8 disk or my USB flash drive. I will try to burn the Qt installer into a DVD. I think this thread should be closed. Thanks!

By the way,
    [quote author="mcosta" date="1366287074"]Have you installed also MinGW?
    [/quote]
    Yes, it comes with the Qt package. I've also tried to compile some simple files and it works fine.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.