Build problems on MinGW/WinXP

• I am trying to build Qt using mingw 4.7.2 (dw2) on WinXP using the msys shell. I have downloaded the Unix tarball since that seems better suited to what I am trying to do. Having followed all the instructions in the README (installing Perl, ICU, Ruby, etc) I am encountering two problems:

1. When I run the configure script, it fails to recognise the presence of the ICU package despite the fact that I have built and installed it. I have changed PATH to point to the enclosing directory under which /bin, /lib, etc exist, the /bin directory and the /lib directory which seems to contain the DLLs mentioned in the README. Which ICU components does the build require so I can check I have those.

2. Again in configure, I get a warning that the DirectX SDK is not installed (which it isn't). This is not mentioned as a dependency in the README. I have tried installing the DirectX June 2010 SDK from Microsoft - the only one I can find - but the install fails. To be fair, configure script mentions the build will probably fail without DirectX... which it does while trying to build Open GL components! Re-configuring and adding -no-opengl, the warning about DirectX goes away but the build still fails with a completely spurious syntax error in openglwindow.h Is it still trying to include the OpenGL stuff?

The ICU issue is minor as losing the Webkit is not a showstopper. But the failed build most definitely is a big problem! Any advice on this OpenGL issue would be welcomed.

It must be possible to build as the opensource Windows Qt version uses mingw(sjlj).

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.