Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Unable to display items of QListWidget

• Hi...

I have a problem in displaying the QListWidget ..

When i have create the QListWidget from the drag and drop menu..and used like this

@ui->listWidget->addItem("Hello") @

,its working fyn and displaying int the form when i execute.

But if i do the same in this manner,

@QListWidgetItem q1=new QListWidgetItem("hello",list,i);

ui->listWidgetItem->addItem(q1); @

The above code compiles with no errors,but in the list widget i am unable to find the item.

Does anyone please sort out this problem..

Thanks in advance....

[edit: Code highlighting / Vass]

• You forgot * before pointer variable(before q1 variable)

• I was thinking on the same but I am really suprised that it provides clean compile...

• [quote author="VCsala" date="1292775020"]I was thinking on the same but I am really suprised that it provides clean compile...[/quote]

Me too, I tested it just. My compiler said:

bq.
    conversion from ‘QListWidgetItem*’ to non-scalar type ‘QListWidgetItem’ requested

• i forgot to put a * there,i actually put it in my program,missed it out here..

it is

@
    QListWidgetItem *q1=new QListWidgetItem(“hello”,list,i);
    @

[edit: Code highlighting / Vass]

• It is a good idea (at least for the next time) to use '@' around your code which makes syntax highlighted and more readable.

• [quote author="endla.ravi" date="1292774037"]ui->listWidgetItem->addItem(q1);[/quote]

Is this correct (listWidgetItem or listWidget)?

• Show more code, please.
    I don't understand, what is , what is list, why you set parent list, but adding item to ui->listWidget

• I think this should look something like this:

@QListWidgetItem *q1 = new QListWidgetItem("hello", ui->listWidget);@

And, according to the documentation, this will add the item to the list too, so it is not required to call the addItem.

If you have a sorted list, the above line has an undeterministic behaviour. In this case set the second paramater (parent) of the constructor to 0 and use ui->listWidget->insertItem(...) to insert the new item.

• @all,thanQ..

I sorted out the problem..

• Maybe it is a good idea to share what was the issue and how you have solved it.