How to load bunch of images to the Image in QML?

• Hi, I would like to load a few images to the Image object in QML. I want to do it one after another in a loop I think with some delay, because it should pretend to look like an animation. Im new in Qt and QML, so can anybody help? :)

• Moderators

You can use Movie element. But it's also possible with Image combined with Timer. A quick example (brain to terminal):
    @
    Image {
    property int picNumber: 0

id: image
    source: "img" + picNumber + ".png"
    }

Timer {
    interval: 100
    running: true
    repeat: true

onTriggered: {
    image.picNumber++;
    }
    }
    @

• Thank you, sierdzio. Now it looks so clear :) I'm not good at timers yet. It works of course, but I've got 36 pictures and they are really big so everything takes too much time. I thought about mix the QML with C++ but I don't know if it would be too difficult for the beginning.

• Moderators

If they are big, then you should probably go into converting them into a movie and then playing it back in your app. Video codecs are optimised to handle those situations well, timely and with small CPU/ RAM footprint. QML Image is really meant for displaying static images. My solution above will work, of course, but I would only consider using this approach for some small, corner use cases.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.