[solved] Applying stylesheets to HTML tags in QLabel

• This is probably a really simple question, but I have not found any text describing this.

I have the following piece of code:

@
    QLabel *label = new QLabel("<h1>Header</h1><p>some text</p>");
    @

Is it possible to apply a stylesheet to the h1-tag? I've tried

@
    QLabel::h1 {
    color: #123456;
    }
    @

But this does not work.

What is the best way to apply stylesheets to parts of the text inside a QLabel?

I might add that I'm not that experienced in stylesheets, I mostly do embedded programming.

• No, style sheets are not supported here. Qt supports a "very limited subset":/doc/qt-4.8/richtext-html-subset.html of HTML outside of the actual webkit classes. -Style sheets are not part of that.- Styles sheets are only supported in a very limited way.

• OK, then I'll solve it some other way.

• As Andre says "Qt supports a very limited subset of HTML outside of the actual webkit classes." But you can stil add simple styles in QLabel's html:
    @QLabel *label = new QLabel("<h1 style = color:red >Header</h1><p>some text</p>");@

• That was actually my first solution, but I wanted to place as much of the style-setting in the CSS file. I think I'll split the information into several QLabels instead, and control each label with the stylesheet.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.