[Solved] Calling VS DLLs :(

• Hi
    Can somebody give me a clue - I'm trying to call a VS2010 DLL from Qt5.2.1 (for VS2010).
    I've successfully called the DLL from VS and I've successfully called a Qt DLL from a Qt host app. But when I try to call the VS DLL from Qt the same way I call the Qt DLL, I get the "LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall MyCDllClass::MyCDllClass(void)" plus the same messages for the destructor and the Test() method.

To use the DLL in Qt, I simply use Add Library -> External, then select the .lib file and then with Add Existing Files, I add the header of the DLL, which looks like

@#ifndef MyCDllClass_H
    #define MyCDllClass_H

#ifdef MYCDLLCLASS
    #define DLLCLASS __declspec(dllexport)
    #else
    #define DLLCLASS __declspec(dllimport)
    #endif

class DLLCLASS MyCDllClass
    {
    public:
    MyCDllClass(void);
    ~MyCDllClass(void);

void Test();
    };

#endif
    @

• Moderators

Don't use Add Existing Files to include external library headers. Use INCLUDEPATH in your .pro file instead.

• Ok, thanks, I'll definitely try that and see how it works!

In the end the problem was mismatched files and that I had to uncheck the "Add -d suffix for debug version". Stupid of me. Sorry for the bother, but while things didn't work, everything started to mess up and I spent half a day tearing my hair, so finally decided to call for help.
    And, as expected, a while later I find it's my own stupid mistake.

Thanks and cheers ;)

• Moderators

[quote author="MwRain" date="1396431194"]Sorry for the bother, but while things didn't work, everything started to mess up and I spent half a day tearing my hair, so finally decided to call for help.
    And, as expected, a while later I find it's my own stupid mistake.[/quote]

No problem, I guess those kind of situations happen to every programmer occasionally ;)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.