Please tell me how to add buddy names in the widget for Building Messenger

• hi all..

Im building a messenger and now im stuck with a problem.

In the messenger window,if i want to add a buddy to my list,it should add and show in the list (Just like yahoo messenger)..

How do i build such an application.Please give me the idea,like how to proceed ...or if any of u have any document or similar example please do post,it will really be helpful to me.

Thanks in advance

• So what? Use a QListView with some delegates, or go for QML and full fanciness :)

• So, for a first Try, I think a regular dialog is easier, especially, with logic in it.

• perhaps look at the network examples, "Network chat":http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/network-network-chat.html

• [quote author="endla.ravi" date="1292505602"]hi all..

Im building a messenger and now im stuck with a problem.

In the messenger window,if i want to add a buddy to my list,it should add and show in the list (Just like yahoo messenger)..

How do i build such an application.Please give me the idea,like how to proceed ...or if any of u have any document or similar example please do post,it will really be helpful to me.

Thanks in advance[/quote]

If you are new to Qt then its advisable to start with some simple examples and then learn basic ui components available.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.