Mp3 Decoder using QAudioDecoder

• Hello,

I would like to get the raw data (pcm) from an mp3 file by using QAudioDecoder. According an example I found it's possible to do so with QAudioDecoder. Please tell if not.

I implemented this example, but get an error "defaultServiceProvider:requestService<> : no service found for - org.qt-project.qt.audiocode" when I do "decoder = new QAudioDecoder();".
    Someone has an idea why?

My code is :
    @
    Decoder::Decoder():QObject()
    {
    QAudioFormat desiredFormat;
    desiredFormat.setChannelCount(2);
    desiredFormat.setCodec("audio/x-raw");
    desiredFormat.setSampleType(QAudioFormat::UnSignedInt);
    desiredFormat.setSampleRate(48000);
    desiredFormat.setSampleSize(16);

decoder = new QAudioDecoder();
    decoder->setAudioFormat(desiredFormat);
    decoder->setSourceFilename("sample.mp3");

connect(decoder, SIGNAL(bufferReady()), this, SLOT(readBuffer()));
    decoder->start();

printf("Erreur : %d",decoder->error());

}

void Decoder::readBuffer()
    {
    buffer=decoder->read();
    }
    @

[edit, code tags added]

• Moderators

Please use "code wrappings":http://qt-project.org/wiki/ForumHelp#e3f82045ad0f480d3fb9e0ac2d58fb01 They make your code readable :-)

• I have a "similar problem":https://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/26237/ for writing my audio engine, does anyone knows how to solve it?

• You can't used Qt to decode mp3, well ,I mean I didn't succeeded. Use instead mpeg123 (decode only mp3) or FFmpeg (decode many format). I did and it works.

• [quote author="Matt141" date="1365522623"]You can't used Qt to decode mp3, well ,I mean I didn't succeeded. Use instead mpeg123 (decode only mp3) or FFmpeg (decode many format). I did and it works.[/quote]

I'm a fresh to this forum, so not familiar with it.
    And this problem have another replay???
    Now, I have met the problem too. I'm trying to solve it too.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.