[Solved]install_name_tool of mac can't change the id

• I need to let the app know where to find the 3rd party dylib
    Study a lot of data but still don't get it

With the help of otool
    @otool -L imageInterpolation.app/Contents/MacOS/imageInterpolation@

otool give me the following message of the 3rd party dylib
    @lib/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib (compatibility version 2.4.0, current version 2.4.3)@
    I suppose this is the original id of the dylib?

To tell the app how to link to the dylib
    First, create a folder inside the app

change the id of the dylib by the install_name_tool

@install_name_tool -id @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_core.2.4.3.dylib lib/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib@

But this would pop out error message

install_name_tool: can't open file: lib/libopencv_core.2.4.3.dylib (No such file or directory)

To solve the problems, I copy the dylib "libopencv_core.2.4.3.dylib" to "/lib"
    and change the name to "libopencv_core.2.4.dylib"

Run the command
    @install_name_tool -id @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_core.2.4.3.dylib /lib/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib"@

This time, no error or warning, but the id remain the same
    That is, When I run the otool

@otool -L imageInterpolation.app/Contents/MacOS/imageInterpolation@

The result is
    @lib/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib (compatibility version 2.4.0, current version 2.4.3)@

• I change the command
    @
    cp /usr/local/lib/libopencv_core.2.4.3.dylib /Users/Qt/program/commercial_apps/imageInterpolation/imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks

install_name_tool -id @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_core.2.4.3.dylib \ /Users/Qt/program/commercial_apps/imageInterpolation/imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_core.2.4.3.dylib
    @

But the id remain the same, nothing change
    This time I didn't use the option of -change because
    I don't know how to use it

• I solved it, thanks to the link
    "solution":http://www.dafscollaborative.org/opencv-deploy.html

my script
    @
    #!/bin/bash

mkdir imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks

cp /Users/Qt/program/commercial_apps/imageInterpolation/release/libimageViewer.1.0.0.dylib /Users/Qt/program/commercial_apps/imageInterpolation/imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks
    mv /Users/Qt/program/commercial_apps/imageInterpolation/imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libimageViewer.1.0.0.dylib
    /Users/Qt/program/commercial_apps/imageInterpolation/imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libimageViewer.1.dylib

source ~/.mybash_profile #macdeployqt path

macdeployqt /Users/Qt/program/commercial_apps/imageInterpolation/imageInterpolation.app -verbose=2 -dmg

#openCV libraries***********

#update openCV id*******#

install_name_tool -id @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib
    install_name_tool -id @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_highgui.2.4.dylib imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_highgui.2.4.dylib
    install_name_tool -id @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_imgproc.2.4.dylib imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_imgproc.2.4.dylib
    #install_name_tool -id @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_photo.2.4.dylib imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_photo.2.4.dylib

#change openCV libraries references*******#

install_name_tool -change lib/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/MacOS/imageInterpolation"
    install_name_tool -change lib/libopencv_highgui.2.4.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_highgui.2.4.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/MacOS/imageInterpolation"
    install_name_tool -change lib/libopencv_imgproc.2.4.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_imgproc.2.4.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/MacOS/imageInterpolation"
    install_name_tool -change lib/libopencv_photo.2.4.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_photo.2.4.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/MacOS/imageInterpolation"

#change openCV internal libraries cross-references*******#

install_name_tool -change lib/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_highgui.2.4.dylib"
    install_name_tool -change lib/libopencv_imgproc.2.4.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_imgproc.2.4.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_highgui.2.4.dylib"

install_name_tool -change lib/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_imgproc.2.4.dylib"

install_name_tool -change lib/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_photo.2.4.dylib"
    install_name_tool -change lib/libopencv_imgproc.2.4.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_imgproc.2.4.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libopencv_photo.2.4.dylib"

#******self created library sc = self created

#update sc id*******#

install_name_tool -id @executable_path/../Frameworks/libimageViewer.1.dylib imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libimageViewer.1.dylib

#change sc libraries references*******#

install_name_tool -change libimageViewer.1.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libimageViewer.1.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libimageViewer.1.dylib"

#change sc internal libraries cross-references*******#

install_name_tool -change lib/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_core.2.4.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libimageViewer.1.dylib"
    install_name_tool -change lib/libopencv_highgui.2.4.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_highgui.2.4.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libimageViewer.1.dylib"
    install_name_tool -change lib/libopencv_imgproc.2.4.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_imgproc.2.4.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libimageViewer.1.dylib"
    install_name_tool -change lib/libopencv_photo.2.4.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libopencv_photo.2.4.dylib "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libimageViewer.1.dylib"

install_name_tool -change /Users/yyyy/Qt5.0.1/5.0.1/clang_64/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets
    @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWidgets
    "imageInterpolation.app/Contents/Frameworks/libimageViewer.1.dylib"

install_name_tool -change /Users/yyyy/Qt5.0.1/5.0.1/clang_64/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui
    @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui

install_name_tool -change /Users/yyyy/Qt5.0.1/5.0.1/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore
    @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore

exit 0
    @

Whatever, this solution is hack, deploy third parties or self created dylib on mac
    is very inconvenient

• I know it's old post but I had troubles with qt + mac + opencv deploy
    Here is final version of simple bruteforce script:
    http://pastebin.com/uwr0z9YY

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.