Signal and slots

• Hi,
    I have been using SIGNAL-SLOT for a long time.

But I have one connection which doesn’t want work.

I emitted the signal, but nothing happened.

My code:

@connect(stations, SIGNAL(send(int,int,int)), cServer, SLOT(writeToCiensAll(int, int ,int) ));@

cServer has its own thread using moveToThread(&Thread function);

According to the “connect” I have two objects:

@
    //stations object header
    signals:
    void send(int, int ,int);@

@
    //cServer object:
    //in header:
    public slots:
    void writeToCiensAll(int, int, int );@

@
    //in cpp:
    void Server::writeToCiensAll(int station, int state, int size){
    qDebug() << "message is sent";
    //code here
    }@

• What does the connect call return? Do you get any output on the console/debugging stream?

• And the emit
    @ emit send(12,1,2);@

• the return value of connect(…) is true.

I also used Debug, but I didn’t know what I should have done. Because there were not any value to check.
    I went step by step.
    When I emit the signal this function is used only:
    (according to debug step by step function)
    @void Stations::send(int _t1, int _t2, int _t3)
    {
    void _a[] = { 0, const_cast<void>(reinterpret_cast<const void*>(&_t1)), const_cast<void*>(reinterpret_cast<const void*>(&_t2)), const_cast<void*>(reinterpret_cast<const void*>(&_t3)) };
    QMetaObject::activate(this, &staticMetaObject, 1, _a);
    }
    @

• Are you sure that you're not somehow re-creating the cServer instance or something like that after the connect call?

• Does the server thread have a spinning event loop (that is did you call start() or at least exec() if you have reimplemented run())?

You won't be able to receive signals if you haven't.

• [quote author="Lukas Geyer" date="1360845486"]Does the server thread have a spinning event loop (that is did you call start() or at least exec() if you have reimplemented run())?

You won't be able to receive signals if you haven't.[/quote]

Excellent point! cServer does need a running eventloop of course...

• cServer is a „special class”.
    The new thread was made as a mentioned above. But I had problem with clients. I used the old c style to make new thread as a function. (pthread). But this is a class and the function is a member function.
    I find a solution for this problem. I used a static member function to call the „new thread function.”
    Can be any connection between this solution and the signal?

The server is waiting for client.

connect( … ) is the last line in the constructor of the class. I mean the class that is used to store the above objects.

• I have solved this problem using function pointer. It is not the best solution but it works finally.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.