Problem assigning MS Visual Studio Complier to Qt 5.0

• I’m running ‘Windows 7 Service Pack 1’ with ‘MS Visual Studio Professional 2012’ and I’m simply attempting to build and run and example program supplied with Qt 5.0 and associated Qt Creator. Unfortunately I have been having some problems. I get the following error:

‘Qt creator needs a complier set up to build. Configure a compiler in the kit options’

In Tools->Options->Build & Run->Kits the ‘Desktop Qt 5.0.0 MSVC2010 32bit (SDK) (default)’ is shown as auto-detected, however when I click on it and the details appear, there is no complier listed for it. I then click on ‘manage’ (for the compiler) and it takes me to the Tools->Options-> Build & Run->Compilers tab. On the compilers tab I have six ‘MS Visual C++ compiler 11.0’s listed as auto-detected. I have tried selecting a compiler and selecting ‘apply’ and it doesn’t assign a compiler to the Qt kit.

I have tried installing MinGW and manually adding it to the list of compilers. I still can’t seem to assign it to the Qt Kit. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything in different orders multiple times and I still am not having any luck. I am obviously missing something or doing something wrong. I would appreciate any suggestions.

• Moderators

MSVC2012 is not compatible with MSVC2010. You will need to either build Qt with MSVC2012 or install a MSVC2010.

Mingw is also incompatible with MSVC (all of them;-).

• Thank you very much. I'm not sure how, but I'll try and figure out how to build Qt with MSVC12.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.