Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct
File hosting with multiple file servers
bepehr last edited by
hi , i want to create a file host with multiple servers to keep file , its my idea and i need to know its possible ? and what QT give to my to do this ?
i want to create my own protocol between client and servers with this commands
Main server will keep folders and file details on Database , client will connect to Main server and get folders/files list , this part is easy , but main problem is upload / download a file because each file can be stored on a File server , and i need to download / upload file directly from client to File server , how i can handle this ?
my idea for upload is :
- Client send its upload request to Main server
- Server will look at database and send a File server address and a random key to client
- Client connects to File server and send that random key to File server and other client account details
- File server will check that random key and user information with Main server
- if that Random key and other user information is valid in database , Main server will send accept response to file Server
- Upload will begin from Client to File server
- after upload Finished , File server will send a log to Client and Main server
its a good way ?
i have read Tcp Sockets in QT
tzander last edited by
Sounds like a fun project!
Give it a go :)
If you have actual direct questions, feel free to ask them here.